lunedì 18 giugno 2007

George Clooney Lives Here!

June 13, 2007

I won't bore you with the details of our travels from Monterosso al Mare to Varenna, a small resort town on Lake Como, but I would like to point out that Italians ARE sometimes on time--the train pulled out of the Milano Centrale station as we were hobbling up to it, leaving us in the soot for another two hours.

The hotel was good, even if we did have to share a bathroom with the entire hall, including a couple on its honeymoon that thought they owned the bathroom. Lizzy and I went out for a look around, and it's no wonder that George Clooney lives in the area! The place is absolutely gorgeous, with mountains and glittering lakewater and carefully tended gardens and cobblestones everywhere you look. I also saw my first Italian ducks, and I kept hoping they would quack something in Italian. We've got the Aflak duck, so what have they got?

Nessun commento: