lunedì 18 giugno 2007

Privacy Was Never So Sweet--Or So Lonely

June 16, 2007

We had reserved a place at the Hotel Primavera in Stressa, a beautiful Italian town on Lake Maggiore. However, my friend Lizzy had taken a tumble at Lake Como, and the hiking yesterday had her in tears because of her scoliosis. We ended up canceling our plans and heading straight to Lugano, and we've never been so happy with our flexibility before.

Dr. Oatsvall was able to let us into the rooms a day early so Lizzy could take her medicine and sleep off the pain, and I have the best room in the universe: a bed, a private bathroom, my own kitchen and desk, and my own veranda--holy cow! I made my own dinner last night (because everything in Lugano is ridiculously expensive, so I bought food from the BP and cooked), and I went to bed on my own time. However, it was really lonely--no Bekah to kick above me on the bunk bed, nobody to giggle with about nothing, just me and the bed and the ants. Ah, well. At least I've got the ants.

Nessun commento: