sabato 23 giugno 2007

It's...Naked Time!

June 20, 2007

I went to the pool in Lugano today, about a twenty minute walk from the Girasole residence where we're staying. The pool is, quite simply, awesome: it has lake access, restaurant/bar, a four-tiered diving board, two kiddy pools, a medium-sized swimming pool, and an olympic pool. It wasn't desperately crowded in the cool waters, and you wanna know why?

Because everybody and their GRANDPA is sitting in the park area, 98% naked and WAY more than I need to see! Lizzy and I were the ONLY two people under forty wearing one-piece bathing suits, and let me tell you that string bikinis are the DEVIL unless you are a negative zero in sizing. The men apparently find it fashionable to wear itty bitty speedos, including the oldest, frailest grandfathers I have ever seen. We sat in the pool for an hour and just watched the people walk by in their utter ridiculousness, occasionally gasping or cringing at the diving escapades of ten-year-old boys. I love Europe, don't get me wrong; it's a great place. However, surely these ancient civilizations have more sense than to walk around in pieces of STRING!

Nessun commento: